Striped Sisal Tote Handbag with Leather Handles, Silver/Blush
Rural Kamba women in Kenya hand weave these pretty handbags from tough sisal fibers. Sisal grows well in the semi-arid climate of eastern Kenya, and its spiky leaves contain long fibers that can be extracted for weaving. Leather handles and a loop and toggle closure finish this simple yet stylish purse.
If your bag becomes misshapen, simply moisten it with water, reshape as needed, and allow to air dry. In fact, it's a good idea to mist or rinse it once or twice a year to keep it pliable and fresh looking. The bags are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation.
- Small tote handbag, handwoven by rural Kamba women in Kenya
- Made of durable dyed sisal fibers; natural leather handles
- 13 x 8 x 10 (LxWxH), not including handles; handles have a 5-inch drop
- Wooden toggle with leather loop closure
- Due to handcrafting, size, color, and shape may vary somewhat from the photos
We Also Recommend
Tree of Life with Colorful Birds and Fruit 14" Steel Drum Wall Art, Fair Trade, Handmade in Haiti
Mary Lake-Thompson Sunflower, Daisy, and Lavender Swag Cotton Flour Sack Dish Towel
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.