Spooner Creek Mixed Media Collage 12-inch Square Mirror
The folks at Macone Clay love to play with mixed media, and these eclectic mirrors are a fine example of the outcome. The mosaic tiles are created from wood and clay and embossed and/or painted with a variety of themes such as dragonflies, flowers and trees, and an occasional measuring stick fragment is thrown in for a touch of whimsy. Several of the ceramic tiles are accented with inlaid melted glass which adds rich colors and textures to the menagerie. Spooner Creek and Macone Clay creations are the work of Wisconsin artist Michael Macone and his two sons, Miles and Clayton. The ceramic tiles feature original designs which are hand painted and glazed then kiln fired twice to nearly 2000 degrees to make them fade and weather proof. The tiles are mounted on sturdy wood with distressed accents. Due to handcrafting, minor imperfections and variations should be expected and add to the originality of each piece.
- Handcrafted in Wisconsin of ceramic, wood and glass
- Original clay tiles are hand painted and glazed then kiln fired to 2000 degrees
- Melted glass inlays add jewel-like colors and textures
- Each is unique, so some variations should be expected
- 12 x 12 x 1.6 inches; pre-installed hanging wire included