Senegalese Hand Woven 11.5-inch Round Basket, White/Orange
In the West African nation of Senegal, Wolof women create an elegant new style of basket using strips of plastic recycled from prayer mats and rugs or purchased new from a Dakar mat factory. Merging modern materials and traditional weaving skills with local sustainable natural fibers allows them to comfortably earn supplemental income while sharing their chic modern creations with homes around the world.
- Open round basket highlighted with squares of accent color, hand woven in Senegal
- Made from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
- Ideal as a centerpiece bowl in the kitchen or on a sun porch
- Approximately 11.5 inches in diameter and 3.2 inches high