Santa Fe Stoneworks Woolly Mammoth Damascus 3-inch Lockback Pocket Knife
- Crafted with segments from Woolly Mammoth fossil, Mother-of-Pearl and Jet gemstone
- Lock-back mechanism with Raindrop Damascus steel blade; solid wood back (wood color may vary)
- Due to natural materials, variations in color and pattern should be expected
- 5.2 inches long open, 3.1 inches closed; lifetime manufacturer's warranty
- Gift boxed with registration certificate; made in the USA
In the shadows of the Sangre de Cristo mountains sits a century-old adobe ranch house where artisans handcraft objects of rare beauty, from one-of-a-kind custom designs to popular, affordable, collections of pocket knives, table and kitchen cutlery, men's gifts and accessories. Each of Santa Fe Stoneworks collectibles is a unique example of the cutler's art - the quintessential marriage of fine steels with gemstone, shell, or intricate wood marquetry.
This striking lockback pocket knife is crafted using segments from ancient Woolly Mammoth fossils from Siberia accented with Mother-of-Pearl and Jet (Black Amber) gemstone. The blade is Raindrop Damascus Steel, known for its strength, edge holding ability, and dramatic appearance. It comes from Japan and is called "Sanmai Damascus" or Sandwich Damascus. There's a core of VG-10 super stainless steel with 16 layers of SUS410 high carbon stainless steel on each side to produce a rust-free blade with 33 layers of steel.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.