Oregon Stoneware Studio Vineyard French Butter Crock
- American made, hand thrown and glazed butter crock keeps softened butter fresh right on the counter
- Features a lead-free pewter medallion by Crosby & Taylor
- Pack softened butter in dish under lid, spread to sides, then fill base 1/3 full with water
- Invert lid and place on base; water rises against butter to create an airtight seal
- 4.25 x 4.2 inches (DxH), 1/2-cup capacity, hand wash; glaze color and size may vary somewhat
French butter crocks offer an old world solution to keeping butter both soft and fresh on the counter, and their popularity continues to grow for the beauty and simplicity they bring to our high-tech lives. This version by Oregon Stoneware Studio is hand-thrown, artisan pottery embellished with a lead-free pewter medallion on the lid. Available in a variety of glazes and iconic motifs, the thoughtful design incorporates a recess for the medallion which adds depth and visual interest.
Since 2007, Carl Warne has been the exclusive potter for Crosby & Taylor Stoneware. That company is now focusing on their premium hand cast pewter designs and the stoneware division, led by Carl, has become Oregon Stoneware Studio. The two companies still work hand-in-hand, and Carl's pieces continue to be accented with Crosby & Taylor's premium pewter hardware. Due to handcrafting, variations and minor imperfections should be expected and confirm the artisan character of the work.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Hello. Is there a choice of medallion for the top of the lid? I'm interested in the bird. Thank you, Heidi
Unfortunately, the Bird motif isn't available on the French butter crocks, but we'll pass along your request to Oregon Stoneware Studio as an idea for future designs. Thank you for shopping at The Barrington Garage!