Oregon Stoneware Studio Fish French Butter Crock
French butter crocks offer an old world solution to keeping butter both soft and fresh on the counter, and their popularity continues to grow for the beauty and simplicity they bring to our high-tech lives. This version by Oregon Stoneware Studio is hand-thrown, artisan pottery embellished with a lead-free pewter medallion on the lid. Available in a variety of glazes and iconic motifs, the thoughtful design incorporates a recess for the medallion which adds depth and visual interest.
Since 2007, Carl Warne has been the exclusive potter for Crosby & Taylor Stoneware. That company is now focusing on their premium hand cast pewter designs and the stoneware division, led by Carl, has become Oregon Stoneware Studio. The two companies still work hand-in-hand, and Carl's pieces continue to be accented with Crosby & Taylor's premium pewter hardware. Due to handcrafting, variations and minor imperfections should be expected and confirm the artisan character of the work.
- American made, hand-thrown and glazed butter crock keeps softened butter fresh right on the counter
- Features a lead-free pewter medallion by Crosby & Taylor
- Pack softened butter in dish under lid, fill base 1/3 full with water
- Invert lid and place on base; water rises against butter to create an airtight seal
- Glaze color and size may vary somewhat
- 4.2 x 4.2 inches (DxH), 1/2-cup capacity; hand wash
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.