Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Playful Poppy 6-inch Footed Heart Dish
- Ceramic heart dish with footed base, designed and handcrafted in the USA
- Approximately 6 x 5 x 1.3 inches (sizes will vary slightly)
- Displays a mastery of glaze patterning and attention to detail
- Lead-free, food-safe glaze; base stamped with artist's signature imprint
- Handmade one at a time, so minor variations and imperfections should be expected
Laurie Pollpeter Eskanazi's wall hearts are among her most collected pieces. These little footed dishes will extend the beauty of Laurie's hearts to a table or nightstand
Laurie has worked with clay for over 25 years. As a little girl, she was fascinated with the items found on and in her grandmother's dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand-tatted lace. Her work is inspired by the traditional needlecrafts made by women in the 19th and early 20th century, and her richly vibrant palette reflects the colors and textures encountered in her travels throughout France, Italy, Spain, and the rural Midwest.
Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil, and slab techniques, Laurie transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. She is perhaps most notably recognized for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail. Her work possesses a feminine, playful touch that incorporates bits of nostalgia while speaking to contemporary sensibilities.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.