Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Harlequin's Flower Small Bowl
Ceramic artist Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi has worked with clay for over 25 years. As a little girl, she was fascinated with the items found on and in her grandmother's dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand tatted lace. Her pottery is inspired by the traditional needle crafts made by women in the 19th and early 20th century. Influenced by the colors and textures found in her travels throughout France, Italy, Spain and the rural Midwest, her palate is lush and vibrant. Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil and slab techniques she transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi is perhaps most notably collected for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail. Her work possesses a feminine, playful touch that speaks to contemporary sensibilities with bits of nostalgia woven into each piece.
- Handcrafted pottery with intricate detailing; vintage patterns with contemporary flair
- Food-safe glaze; dishwasher safe, but hand washing recommended
- Integrated hanging loop for wall display
- Each is a unique, handcrafted creation which may vary from photos
- Approximately 7.5 x 2.8 inches (DxH); made in the USA and signed by the artist
We Also Recommend