Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Decorative Ceramic Magnets, Coastal, Set of 5
- Set of 5 decorative ceramic magnets with iconic coastal motifs
- Formed and painted by hand in 5 colors (colors may vary somewhat from photos)
- Range in size from 1 to 1.2 inches in diameter
- Strong magnets provide a secure grip on your refrigerator or other metal surface
- Presented in a drawstring pouch; handmade in the USA
Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi, known for her signature ceramic wall hearts, has expanded her collection to include these decorative magnets which are available in a selection of styles ranging from crosses to coastal motifs.
Laurie has worked with clay for over 25 years. As a little girl, she was fascinated with the items found on and in her grandmother's dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand-tatted lace. Her work is inspired by the traditional needlecrafts made by women in the 19th and early 20th century, and her richly vibrant palette reflects the colors and textures encountered in her travels throughout France, Italy, Spain, and the rural Midwest.
Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil, and slab techniques, Laurie transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. She is perhaps most notably recognized for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail. Her work possesses a feminine, playful touch that incorporates bits of nostalgia while speaking to contemporary sensibilities.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.