Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Daina's Flowers Tray
Ceramic artist Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi has worked with clay for over 25 years. As a little girl, she was fascinated with the items found on and in her grandmother's dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand tatted lace. Her pottery is inspired by the traditional needle crafts made by women in the 19th and early 20th century. Influenced by the colors and textures found in her travels throughout France, Italy, Spain and the rural Midwest, her palate is lush and vibrant. Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil and slab techniques she transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi is perhaps most notably collected for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail. Her work possesses a feminine, playful touch that speaks to contemporary sensibilities with bits of nostalgia woven into each piece.
- Rectangular tray, handcrafted in the USA and signed by the artist
- Inspired by vintage patterns and textures, updated with contemporary flair
- Food-safe glaze; dishwasher safe, but hand washing recommended
- Each is a one-of-a-kind creation, so variations should be expected
- 12 x 5.8 x .8 inches (LxWxH); includes loop for wall hanging
We Also Recommend