John Hutson Pottery Hummingbird 8-inch Vase
John Hutson is a painter, potter and folk artist raised in Texas and currently working just outside Taos, New Mexico. His unique style of pottery begins with stoneware clay using wheel-thrown and slab-built techniques. The pieces are coated with eight layers of colored glazing and then hand carved to reveal the layers of color and create the unique texture which has become his signature style. Due to the dynamic nature of the glazing and carving process, every piece is unique, so variations should be expected and appreciated as confirmation of the artisan nature of the work.
- Handcrafted pottery from the studio of John Hutson near Taos, New Mexico
- 8 layers of underglazing, hand carved to reveal texture and layers of color
- Makes a striking display with flowers and botanicals, or alone as an object d'art
- Due to handcrafting, variations and minor imperfections should be expected
- Approximately 4.5 x 8 inches (DxH)
We Also Recommend