John Hutson Pottery Horse 7.5-inch Serving Bowl, Red/Multi
- Handcrafted pottery from the studio of John Hutson near Taos, New Mexico
- Eight layers of underglaze are hand-carved to reveal signature texture and layers of color
- Medium-sized bowl ideal for vegetables and other side dishes
- Due to handcrafting, variations and minor imperfections should be expected
- Approximately 7.5 x 3.5 inches (DxH); safe for microwave and dishwasher
John Hutson is a painter, potter, and folk artist raised in Texas and currently working just outside of Taos, New Mexico. His unique style of pottery begins with stoneware clay using wheel-thrown and slab-built techniques. The pieces are coated with eight layers of colored glazes and then hand-carved to reveal those layers of color, creating the unique texture, which has become his signature style. Due to the dynamic nature of the glazing and carving process, every piece is unique, so variations should be expected and appreciated as confirmation of the artisan nature of the work. Some variations in size and capacity should also be anticipated.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.