John Hutson Pottery Butterfly Mug, Turquoise/Multi
John Hutson is a painter, potter and folk artist raised in Texas and currently working just outside of Taos, New Mexico. His unique style of pottery begins with stoneware clay using wheel thrown and slab built techniques. The pieces are coated with eight layers of colored glazing and then hand carved to reveal the layers of color and create the unique texture which has become his signature style. Due to the dynamic nature of the glazing and carving process, every piece is unique, so variations should be expected and appreciated as confirmation of the artisan nature of the work.
- Handcrafted pottery from the studio of John Hutson near Taos, New Mexico
- Eight layers of underglaze are hand carved to reveal signature texture and layers of color
- Wide loop handle creates unique profile and accommodates large hands
- Due to handcrafting, variations and minor imperfections should be expected
- Approximately 6" x 4.3" x 4.3" (LxWxH), 16-oz. capacity; safe for microwave and dishwasher
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.