Inspire Pottery Studio 9.5-inch Soda Fired Serving Bowl
- Two-tone serving bowl by Pennsylvania potter, Joel Hildebrand
- Light tan interior contrasts with the dynamic brown iridescence of the soda-fired exterior
- Approximately 9.5 x 4 inches (DxH); engraved with artist's signature
- Lead-free, safe for oven, microwave, and dishwasher
- Individually handmade, so yours will resemble but not exactly match the photos
This generously-sized serving bowl is created with a timeless sense of style that will blend with virtually any decor. The inside of the dish features a pleasing light tan glaze which contrasts nicely with the darker exterior. Soda firing, a technique with German roots, creates the dynamic shades of brown and flashes of iridescence seen on the outside surface. The effect is achieved by introducing baking soda into the kiln at extremely high temperatures. The nature of the process means that every piece is unique, so yours will resemble, but not match the photos.
Joel Hildebrand, founder and owner of Inspire Pottery Studio, is a Lancaster, Pennsylvania native who spent nearly a decade abroad learning and refining unique techniques of throwing and firing clay. His versatile talent is manifested across a spectrum of styles, from traditional forms and glazes to clean and simple designs that are at home in contemporary settings. Joel, his wife Charity, and their five kids live in Denver, Pennsylvania.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.