Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 9-inch Platter Basket, Each One Unique, Silver Sea
- Low round basket, meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire
- Colorful patterns in neutral shades of copper, silver, ivory, and gray
- Approximately 9 x 2 inches (DxH); every basket is unique, so patterns will vary from photos
- Can be used with dry foods and hand washed with warm water and soap
- Handmade in South Africa, providing work for more than 700 Zulu families
Combining modern-day materials with traditional weaving techniques, talented Zulu makers living in rural South Africa create these beautiful baskets by hand. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency.
Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a well-established and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase will grace your home with authentic African beauty while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.