Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 8-inch Pedestal Bowl, Silver Sea
- Round basket with pedestal base, meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire
- Neutral shades of copper, silver, ivory, and gray; patterns will vary from photos
- Approximately 8 x 3.5 inches (DxH), variations in size, color, and pattern should be expected
- Can be used with dry foods and hand washed with warm water and soap
- Handmade in South Africa, providing work for more than 700 Zulu families
Combining a modern-day material with traditional weaving techniques, talented Zulu makers living in rural South Africa craft these striking baskets completely by hand. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency.
Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a well-established and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase of a Bridge for Africa product will bring unique beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.