Dock 6 Pottery Small Wonton Dish with Fused Glass, Black and Cream
- Dramatic handmade pottery from the Minneapolis studio of Kerry Brooks
- Bottom lined with crackled fused glass resembling natural geodes
- Approximately 5 x 5 x 2 inches (LxWxH); handmade in the USA
- Primarily for decorative use or with dry, non-staining foods; wipe clean, do not immerse
- Spontaneous and dynamic by design, so variations in size, color, and texture should be expected
Kerry Brooks' signature style melds rustic glazes with crackled fused glass resulting in pottery with.an earthy, organic quality. The sparkling crystallization and multicolored highlights mimic natural geodes created by the forces of nature, and the spontaneity of the process means each piece has a unique personality.
Kerry Brooks has been a potter since 1988, learning her craft in Ann Arbor, Michigan and now working from her studio and gallery, Dock 6 Pottery, in the Longfellow neighborhood of South Minneapolis. She creates primarily wheel-thrown, high-fired stoneware. Pieces without fused glass are functional while those with fused glass, such as these bowls, are mainly decorative, but can be used with dry, non-staining foods and hand washed.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.