African Fair Trade Handwoven Oval Knitting Basket, Herringbone, Pink/White
- Oval basket, handwoven in Senegal by Wolof women providing supplemental income for their families
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Approximately 16.5 x 14 x 10.5 inches (LxWxH); sizes will vary
- Due to handcrafting, some variations and minor imperfections should be expected
- Imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation
Wolof women in rural Senegal craft beautiful baskets from cattail stalks and long strips of plastic salvaged from a mat production factory in Dakar. These large oval baskets will hold a substantial supply of yarn or use them for towels, blankets, or magazines. Their practicality and good looks make them suitable for any room in your home.
The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.