Beat Up Creations Portrait of a Shih Tzu Altered Antique Plate
Los Angeles native Angela Rossi is the artist behind Beat Up Creations. She's a self-taught, outsider artist who works with recycled, abused, broken and forgotten items to create altered antique plates, raw assemblage sculptures and mixed media portraits. Angela says of her work, "I love the idea of taking a traditionally formal piece and bringing some humor to it. It is really about revitalizing these beautiful vintage plates, altering them to be a bit more fun and contemporary." The Portrait of a Shih Tzu is one of Angela's original designs, and she uses a transfer and heat technique to seal the image to the vintage floral-rimmed French Limoges plate. The result is a fabulously unique accent that's sure to bring smiles to even the most formal settings. Please keep in mind that because the plates are antiques, moderate distressing should be expected, and they're available in limited quantities. While Angela's images will continue to be available on other plates, once this particular pattern is sold out, the exact same image/plate combination will no longer be available.
- Vintage Limoges France plate altered with original artwork
- Whimsical Shih Tzu portrait created by Los Angeles artist Angela Rossi
- Transfer and heat process bonds image to plate
- Created with antique plates, so distressing should be expected; very limited quantities available
- 8.5 inches in diameter, for decorative use only; signed by the artist