Beat Up Creations Lady Aves Altered Antique Plate
Los Angeles native Angela Rossi is the artist behind Beat Up Creations. She's a self-taught, outsider artist who works with recycled, abused, broken and forgotten items to create altered antique plates, raw assemblage sculptures and mixed media portraits. Angela says of her work, "I love the idea of taking a traditionally formal piece and bringing some humor to it. It is really about revitalizing these beautiful vintage plates, altering them to be a bit more fun and contemporary." Lady Aves is one of Angela's original designs, and she uses a transfer and heat technique to seal the image to the Crown Staffordshire bone china dessert plate, a most proper place for an owl of noble lineage. The result is a fabulously unique accent that's sure to bring smiles to even the most formal settings. Please keep in mind that because the plates are antiques or flea market finds, moderate distressing should be expected, and they're available in limited quantities. While Angela's images will continue to be available on other plates, once this particular pattern is sold out, the exact same image/plate combination will no longer be available.
- Crown Staffordshire dessert plate altered with original artwork
- Whimsical owl portrait created by Los Angeles artist Angela Rossi
- Transfer and heat process bonds image to plate
- Created with vintage plates, so distressing should be expected; very limited quantities available
- 8.3 inches in diameter, for decorative use only; signed by the artist