African Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 5.5-inch Small Oval Basket, African Rainbow
- Small oval bowl, meticulously handwoven in Africa with colorful telephone wire
- Colorful patterns in shades of red, black, purple, yellow, green, orange, and blue
- 5.5 x 4.5 x 1.1 inches (LxWxH); each is unique, sizes and patterns will vary
- Can be used with dry foods and hand washed with warm soapy water
- Handmade in South Africa, providing work for more than 700 Zulu families
Combining a modern-day material with traditional weaving techniques, these striking baskets are handcrafted by talented Zulu makers living in rural South Africa. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency. Every basket is individually handmade and unique, so the patterns will vary. Your basket will resemble, but not match the samples shown in the photos.
Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a well-established and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase of a Bridge for Africa product will bring unique beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.