African Fair Trade Vase Basket, White
- Round, vase-shaped basket, handwoven in Senegal
- Approximately 9 x 10 inches (DxH), size and shape will vary
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
- Makes a beautiful decor accent anywhere in the home
A network of rural Wolof women in Senegalese villages are working together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties
Each basket is individually handcrafted, so variations in size, shape, and color should be expected. Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, is committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.