African Fair Trade Small Handwoven Kiss Basket, Lime Green
- Small lidded basket resembles the iconic Kiss candy; handwoven in Senegal
- Made from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- Approximately 9 x 8 inches (DxH), including lid; due to handcrafting, sizes will vary and are not guaranteed
- Makes a unique accent piece for a shelf or table; other colors available
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
A network of rural Wolof women in nine Senegalese villages are working together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties. The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, an organization committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.