African Fair Trade Handwoven Leather Trimmed Round Basket
In the West African nation of Senegal, Wolof women create an elegant new style of basket using strips of plastic recycled from prayer mats and rugs or purchased new from a Dakar mat factory. Merging modern materials and traditional weaving skills with local sustainable natural fibers allows them to comfortably earn supplemental income while sharing their chic modern creations with homes around the world. The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation.
- Round table basket, handwoven in Senegal
- Made from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Trimmed with natural leather
- Ideal as a bread or fruit basket, or as a decorative accessory throughout the home
- Small 12 x 3 inches, large 14 x 3 inches (DxH); sizes will vary somewhat
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.