African Fair Trade Handwoven 15-inch Oval Prayer Mat Basket, Lemon Yellow
- Oval basket, handwoven in Senegal by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
- Made from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Approximately 15 x 12 x 3 inches, size and shape may vary somewhat
- Use as a bread basket, fruit bowl, or table accent
- Imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation
In the West African nation of Senegal, Wolof women create distinctive baskets using strips of plastic recycled from prayer mats and rugs or purchased new from a Dakar mat factory. Merging modern materials and traditional weaving skills with local sustainable natural fibers allows them to comfortably earn supplemental income while sharing their chic modern creations with homes around the world. The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.