African Fair Trade Hand Woven Lidded Gourd Basket, White
A network of rural Wolof women in nine Senegalese villages are working together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties.
Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, is committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
- Lidded storage basket, handwoven in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- 9 x 13 (DxH) inches; due to handcrafting, variations in size and shape should be expected
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
- Imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.