African Fair Trade Delta Handwoven Centerpiece Basket, Aqua/White
- Low round basket, handwoven in Senegal
- Made from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Large 14 x 3.5 inches, small 12 x 3 inches; sizes will vary somewhat
- Ideal as a centerpiece bowl in the kitchen or on a sun porch
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
A network of rural Wolof women from Senegalese villages are working together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic originally used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties. The baskets are imported by Swahili Imports, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, an organization committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.