African Fair Trade 20-inch Round Grain Basket, Black with Multicolor Triangles
- Large round basket, handwoven in Senegal by Wolof women
- Made from cattail stalks and strips of plastic in black with multicolor triangles
- Approximately 20 x 4.5 inches (DxH); sizes will vary somewhat
- Makes a stunning centerpiece bowl or wall display (hanging hardware not included)
- Imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation
In the West African nation of Senegal, Wolof women create intriguing and functional baskets using cattail stalks and strips of plastic salvaged from the production of plastic mats. Traditionally, such baskets were used for winnowing grain or storing food and other household items. The introduction of geometric patterns and pops of color give them a modern twist that's on point with today's design trends. Your purchase of these stunning baskets provides a way for these talented women to earn supplemental income for their families. The baskets are imported into the United States by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.