African Fair Trade Round Grain Basket, White
- Low round basket, handwoven in Senegal
- Made from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- Approximate diameter in inches: Small 12, Medium 13-14, Large 15-16, X-Large 17-18
- Due to handcrafting, sizes are approximate and may vary
- Makes a wonderful centerpiece bowl, bread basket, etc.
- Imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation
Wolof women in rural Senegal craft beautiful baskets from cattail stalks and long strips of plastic salvaged from the production of plastic mats. Traditionally, such baskets were used to winnow grain and store food and other articles in the home, but modern synthetic materials update the baskets with eye-catching pops of color.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.