Handmade Fair Trade African Zulu Telephone Wire 12-inch Platter Basket, Intricate Swirl, African Ocean, Each One Unique
- Meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire; no two exactly alike
- Approximately 12 x 2-1/4 inches (sizes may vary slightly); dramatic patterns in shades of blue, white and turquoise
- Handmade by Fair Trade weavers in South Africa, providing work for more than 700 Zulu families
- Can be used with dry foods and hand washed with warm water and soap
- Individually handcrafted and unique, so yours will resemble but not match the photos
Talented Zulu makers in rural South Africa combine colorful telephone wire with traditional weaving techniques to create these beautiful collectible baskets. Each is individually crafted, and no two are exactly alike. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency.
The baskets are imported into the United States by Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase of a Bridge for Africa product will bring unique beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.