Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 8-inch Round Pedestal Bowl, African Ocean, Simple Swirl Patterns
- Round pedestal basket, meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire
- Eye-catching patterns in shades of blue, white, and turquoise, perfect for coastal settings
- Each bowl is unique and will vary from photos; approximately 8 x 3-1/4 inches
- Can be used with dry foods and hand washed with warm water and soap
- Handmade in South Africa, providing work for more than 700 Zulu families
Combining a modern-day material with traditional weaving techniques, Zulu makers in rural South Africa create these eye-catching baskets in an exciting array of colors and patterns. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency. Every basket is individually handmade and unique. Yours will resemble but not precisely match the samples shown in the photos.
The baskets are imported by Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and a well-established and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase of a Bridge for Africa product will bring unique beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.