Fair Trade Handwoven Lidded Basket from Senegal, Black
- Lidded basket, handwoven in Senegal, brings authentic African style to your home
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- 9 x 9 inches (DxH); size is approximate and will vary
- An eye-catching and practical accent piece for any room in your home
- Created by Wolof women using their skills to help support their families
A network of rural Wolof women in Senegalese villages work together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and thin plastic strips, the women generate supplemental income for their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties.
The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, an association committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.