Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Black Eyed Susan Small Ceramic Wall Heart, Blue/Multi
- Ceramic heart, designed and handcrafted in the USA and signed by the artist
- Approximately 6.5 x 1.5 x 5.8 inches (WxDxH); includes hanging wire
- Embossed with a pattern from antique lace and updated with contemporary flair
- Displays a mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail
- Handmade one at a time, so expect slight variations
Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi's hearts are among her most collected pieces. A wall display with at least three designs will make a stunning statement in your home. The patterns are created by pressing vintage lace into soft clay, giving her contemporary work a connection to the past.
Laurie has worked with clay for over 25 years. As a little girl, she was fascinated with the contents of her grandmother's dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand-tatted lace. Her work is inspired by the traditional needlecrafts made by women in the 19th and early 20th century and influenced by the colors and textures found in her travels throughout France, Italy, Spain, and the rural Midwest, resulting in a rich and vibrant pallet.
Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil, and slab techniques, Laurie transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. She is perhaps most notably recognized for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail. Her work possesses a feminine, playful touch that speaks to contemporary sensibilities with bits of nostalgia woven into each piece.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.