John Hutson Pottery Black Cat 8.5" Square Plate, Red/Multi
John Hutson is a painter, potter and folk artist raised in Texas and currently working just outside of Taos, New Mexico. His unique style of pottery begins with stoneware clay using wheel thrown and slab built techniques. The pieces are coated with eight layers of colored glazes and then hand carved to reveal those layers of color, creating the unusual texture which has become his signature style. Due to the dynamic nature of the glazing and carving process, every piece is unique, so variations should be expected and appreciated as confirmation of the artisan nature of the work. Some variations in size should also be anticipated.
- Handcrafted pottery from the studio of John Hutson near Taos, New Mexico
- Eight layers of underglaze are hand carved to reveal signature texture and layers of color
- Square with rounded corners
- Due to handcrafting, variations and minor imperfections should be expected
- Approximately 8.5" square; safe for microwave and dishwasher
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.