Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Hippy Hippy Shake Ceramic Heart Wall Art, Amethyst/Multi
- Ceramic heart, designed and handcrafted in the USA and signed by the artist
- Approximately 16 x 2.5 x 13 inches (WxDxH); includes hanging wire
- Embossed with vintage lace patterns and updated with contemporary flair
- Arrow is created with driftwood collected from the Mississippi River (direction of arrow may vary)
- Many other styles and colors available; highly collectible
Laurie Pollpeter Eskanazi's hearts are among her most collected pieces. A wall display with at least three designs will make a stunning statement in your home. This version is accented with an arrow created with driftwood collected from the Mississippi River, adding a bit of rustic charm.
Laurie has worked with clay for over 25 years. As a little girl, she was fascinated with the contents of her grandmother's dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand-tatted lace. Her work is inspired by the traditional needlecrafts made by women in the 19th and early 20th century and influenced by the colors and textures found in her travels throughout France, Italy, Spain, and the rural Midwest, resulting in a rich and vibrant pallet.
Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil, and slab techniques, Laurie transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. She is perhaps most notably recognized for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail. Her work possesses a feminine, playful touch that speaks to contemporary sensibilities with bits of nostalgia woven into each piece.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.