Oregon Stoneware Studio Heart French Butter Crock
- American made, hand-thrown and glazed butter crock keeps softened butter fresh right on the counter
- Features a lead-free pewter medallion by Crosby & Taylor
- Pack softened butter in dish under lid, fill base 1/3 full with water
- Invert lid and place on base; water rises against butter to create an airtight seal
- Glaze color and size may vary somewhat
- 4.2 x 4.2 inches (DxH), 1/2-cup capacity; hand wash
French butter crocks offer an old-world solution to keeping butter both soft and fresh on the counter, and their popularity continues to grow for the beauty and simplicity they bring to our high-tech lives. This version by Oregon Stoneware Studio is hand-thrown, artisan pottery embellished with a lead-free pewter medallion on the lid. Available in a variety of glazes and iconic motifs, the thoughtful design incorporates a recess for the medallion which adds depth and visual interest.
Due to handcrafting, variations and minor imperfections should be expected and confirm the artisan character of the work.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What is the weight of the crock without the shipping box or other material?
These butter keepers are completely handmade, so the sizes and weights vary. Generally, they are between 1-1/2 and 1-3/4 pounds without the box.