Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Indian Summer Medium Wall Heart with Arrow
- Original ceramic wall heart, handcrafted in the USA and signed by the artist
- Inspired by vintage lace patterns; accented with wood from the Mississippi River
- Approximately 11 x 9 x 2 inches (WxHxD); size and direction of arrow may vary
- Demonstrates mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail
- Individually handcrafted, so some variations should be expected
Laurie Pollpeter Eskanazi's hearts are among her most collected pieces. A wall display with at least three designs will make a stunning statement in your home. This version is accented with an arrow created with driftwood collected from the Mississippi River, adding a bit of rustic charm.
As a little girl, Laurie was fascinated with the items found on and in her grandmother's dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand-tatted lace. Her pottery is inspired by the traditional needlecrafts made by women in the 19th and early 20th century and infused with the colors and textures found in her travels throughout Europe and the rural Midwest.
Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil, and slab techniques, Laurie transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. She is recognized for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail, and her work possesses a feminine, playful touch woven with beautiful bits of nostalgia.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.